Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Baby Update!

Well, I'm at week 38 and in somewhat of shock that I'm still pregnant!!! 2 weeks ago, on Tuesday, the baby had not moved for 6 hours straight, and by not moved I mean, not even a single twitch! I was also having some cramping but I knew they were not contractions, just really crampy feeling! So I called the dr. and they had me come in to do a non-stress test to check on the baby. (Of course, the baby started moving as soon as we got in the car to head to the drs!) The baby then of course failed the first 20 minutes of the test! His/her little heart was beating away but not responding accordingly to the movements it was making. So they had me drink a cold juice box to see if that helped, nope! So about 10 minutes later the nurse came back in and the baby had begun to make more movements and the heart rate finally started to respond to the movements so we passed the second half of the test! YAY! Then I went to see the Dr, not my normal Dr. as this was a Tuesday and my Dr. is not in on Tuesdays. He decided to check to see if I was dilated at all because of the cramping I was feeling. I was 36 weeks at this point and was not expecting anything, but sure enough I was dilated to a 2. He then measured my belly and of course, I only measured 32 weeks AGAIN!!!! I had been measuring 32 weeks since I was 32 weeks. Sooo.... he ordered a growth ultrasound for the following day to make sure baby was growing. The ultrasound had the baby weighing 5 lbs 13 oz which put him/her in the 39th percentile which is perfectly healthy for 36 weeks along. Praise the Lord!!! I was so happy to be able to stop worrying about my little one growing!

Well, the next night, Thursday night/Friday morning I started having really strong contractions. I started to time them and they started out at 10 minutes apart and quickly changed to 5 minutes apart and continued to get stronger. I woke Stephen up, called my Dr, packed my bag hurriedly (it wasn't packed b/c I was only 36 weeks and not really expecting to have the baby so early) and off we headed to labor and delivery! On the way there, my contractions continued and were extremely painful so I thought that we were going to be having a baby that day!!! However, we got to the hospital, they hooked me up to the monitor and I had ONE contraction! ONE! That's it, ONE!!!! The nurse looked at me like I was stupid and wasn't very friendly either. I was like you have to be kidding me! She checked me and I had progressed to a 3-4 but was not contracting anymore so I clearly was not really in labor. Soooo back home we came. Later that day (Friday afternoon) I had my reg. apt with my reg. doctor and in there she said I was at a "good 4" but still not completely effaced. I was so shocked to hear her say that some women walk around at 4 cms for weeks before anything happens! I was pretty much confident that I wouldn't be one of those women as I went from 2 cms to full blown labor with Sofia in 3 days. Soo... back home I came and packed my bag for real this time!!!!

Fast Forward 6 days.... Thursday night... (still pregnant) I wake up to STRONG STRONG STRONG contractions that are 10 minutes apart. So, I start timing them but they never get closer together, and by 9 am they were completely gone. Ok, seriously, I'm getting angry at this point! I was up all night having horrible contractions and they turned out to be NOTHING!!! Soooo... that Friday afternoon I go in to see my Dr. for my reg. apt and she checks me and I'm at a 5!!!! FIVE CMS!!! Are you kidding me.... how is this possible??? Well, apparently it is!!! I asked her if this was common to be 5 cms dilated and not in active labor and she that I'm not the first patient she's had do this but it's not very common! Sooooo.... off I went with her saying... I'll see you next Friday, if you're still pregnant!

Well, here I am, it's Wed. and I'm still pregnant! I am trying very hard to be patient to meet my little one, but at the same time I'm really scared! I'm really scared that since I'm already at a 5 and I live about 50 minutes from the hospital that I'm not going to make it in time. I went from 3 cms to 10 within about 2.5 hours with Sofia. Soo... I need to talk to her on Friday about at what point they would send me to the hospital being at 5 cms.

I'm trying really hard to be patient and rest in the Lord's perfect timing for this baby's birth. It's hard when people continually ask me... "you're still pregnant??" once they find out I'm at a 5. However, I find a lot of comfort in knowing that God has this baby's birthday already picked out. He knows when he/she will be born and He knows what my labor will be like! That is sooo comforting to me! So, for now, we wait and enjoy our last days with just Sofia. Our lives are about to be changed again!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Praying and waiting to hear boy/girl and the wonderful name I'm sure you have picked out!! We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete