Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's a.....

BOY!
Hudson George arrived a week ago today on Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 6:15 pm. He weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and was 19 inches long. He is so perfect and we are so in love! Labor was a lot different time around! I woke up that morning around 9 having really bad cramps. They were so painful but weren't really like contractions. I decided to call my dr. just to see what they thought and they said to come into the office and to throw in my bags just in case! Stephen and I got to the office around 11 after I dropped Sofia off at Stephen's parents. We waited a bit and were finally called back around 11:30. The Dr. came in (not my regular Dr. because she was in surgery) and checked me and said, "you're at 6 cms, I'm going to say you're in labor! Congrats, you're going to have a baby today! Go ahead and head to the hospital!" I was really in shock and disbelief because I really wasn't having contractions that were anywhere close to regular or close together! But, Drs Orders :) So... off we headed to the ER where they took us up to triage. They hooked me up to the monitors and of course, I had only a few contractions, so I was sure they were going to send me home. Well, then a nurse came down from labor and delivery and said... "your doctor said to admit you even without the contractions since you are at 6 cms, so let's go!" Still in shock, and trying to process the fact that I would meet my baby that day, we headed up to L & D. At this point it was about noon. We got up there, got settled in and waited for my Dr. to come in and talk to us. Around 1 she came in and talked to us and told us that she thought that just breaking my water would get things started, but that she'd like for me to get the epidural first so I could get comfortable. By 2 I had my epidural and by 2:45 I had my water broken, but not really any regular contractions yet. At this point I was only at 7 cms and things weren't really picking up. So I laid around and watched a little basketball and wasn't fully comfortable but wasn't in horrible pain. Around 4, I was finally at an 8 and the nurse then decided it was time to call my Dr. back because she thought things would go quickly. Wow, was she wrong :) Around 4:30 my Dr. came in and said I was still at an 8 and did something (not sure what it was, but it was painful, we'll just leave it at that) and said it should be soon. Within a half hour of her doing whatever she did, my contractions were 2 minutes apart and incredibly painful! I felt EVERYTHING! They came in to see if they could do something with the epidural but that didn't work. By 5:45 when she came back to check on me, I thought I was going to die, but was finally at a 10!!!! Soooo... she got everything ready to start pushing. I started pushing probably around 5:50 and out he came at 6:15. The pushing was horribly painful but so rewarding when I heard Stephen say "it's a boy!" Wow, what a surreal moment! All worth the waiting to find out the sex, yet again! My doctor was so great and we were so blessed that she was able to deliver him! She was quite worried while I was pushing because my heart rate was skyrocketing everytime I'd push, probably because of the pain I was in. At one time, she said, Jaclyn, I need you to calm down, your heart rate is faster than the babies. I don't think it has slowed down since :)

Sofia just absolutely adores her little brother and calls him "my Hudson." I love it and it just melts my heart when she holds him and loves on him. It has been a difficult adjustment having two little ones, but we have been really blessed with all of the help from both of our parents. We are so blessed to have two perfectly healthy, beautiful children and we thank God for them daily! What a blessing! With everything that we went through with this pregnancy, we are so thankful that Hudson is here and is healthy. He is a little peanut, at his weight check this Monday (4 days old) he weighed 6 lbs 3 oz, but the doctor wasn't worried about it. We'll see what he weighs next week at his 2 week apt. My recovery has been a lot better this time around, but I've had a really bad cold since the day I had him, which has been nearly impossible to get rid of due to my lack of sleep! I'm just so thankful he is here! :)




1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of him sucking his finger. What a sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete